Week Five Day One | Daughters of God
Read: Romans 8:14-17, Psalm 139:13-14
Ask: When we look at “I AM,” we will be able to answer the question, “Who am I?” A stable identity in Christ is built upon awe. Read the following passages and write down what you learn about your King:
- Job 38:4-41
- Psalm 45:10-11
- Psalm 62:11
- Psalm 136:1-3
- Isaiah 40:10-31
- Jeremiah 32:17-18
- Malachi 3:6
- 1 Timothy 6:13-16
- Revelation 19:16
Week Five Day Two | Ambassadors
Read: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21, Matthew 28:18-20, Ephesians 6:19-20
- Write down everything you learn about Christ from 2 Corinthians 5:11-21.
- Verses 14-15 explain the role of an ambassador beautifully. Write these two verses down.
- Write verse 17 and underline what you are when you are in Christ.
- In light of the great commission given in Matthew 28, what does it mean to live as an “ambassador for Christ”?
- Write down your roles in life. What fills your days? What activities do you do? In what ways can you live as Christ’s ambassador? Even when doing mundane tasks or running errands, you can still have an opportunity to share the hope, light, and love of Christ.
Week Five Day Three | Disciple
Read: Matthew 28:18-20, John 8:31-32, John 13:34-35, 1 Corinthians 11:1
- What commands did Jesus give His disciples in the Great Commission?
- What do the passages in John reveal about what it looks like to be a disciple of Christ?
- In what ways are you making disciples?
- How does the term “little Christ” change how you view your calling as a follower of Jesus?
- Remember, you are an ambassador of the good news to this unbelieving world. You represent Jesus at all times.
Week Five Day Four | Sojourner
Read: 1 Peter 2:11-12, Philippians 3:20-21, Revelation 21-22
- What do you learn about being a sojourner from the verses in 1 Peter 2?
- Write down how a sojourner lives according to that passage.
- What does Paul teach about being a sojourner in Philippians 3?
- Reflect on the chapters from Revelation and what is to come. How does knowing the hope of glory change your view of the temporary world you live in?
- How can you live with a sojourner “just passing through” mentality?
Week Five Day Five | Saint
Read: Philippians 2:5-11, John 13:1-17
- What does the Philippians passage teach us about what it means to be a servant?
- How did Jesus serve the disciples in the passage from John?
- In what ways can you bend down low and wash the feet of others today?