On those days when motherhood feels long and lonely and I am sequestered to our home with my little one, I turn up praise music and sing at the top of the lungs. Sometimes I dance with a fussy baby. Sometimes I just sit and listen. Sometimes I raise my hands high while my baby watches me and lifts his hands, too. The Lord has used the melody of praise to fight the burden of loneliness and discouragement. When my soul feels heavy and the sounds of our home feel overwhelming, I sing praises.
Psalm 22:3 tells us that God inhabits the praises of His people. Literally, He is in our praise, our worship, our singing, and the raising of our hands. Zephaniah 3:17 describes God as a mighty warrior who sings over His people. Joining Him in song is a perspective-shifter and a day-changer. The Lord loves it when we sing praises to Him. He is honored by heart-felt adoration and He created music to bring Him glory and to bring us great joy! It may seem simple, but if you are battling depression or feeling overwhelmed by loneliness, I want to challenge you to sing praises. It doesn't matter how well you can hit a note or stay on pitch. All that matters to the Lord is that you are singing joyfully with a heart of surrender to Him!
I wanted to share some of my favorite praise music with you today and I would LOVE to hear your favorite worship songs!
- Morning Worship Playlist: I listen to this first thing in the morning and often during my quiet time.
- Walk In Grace Playlist: I listen to this as I run errands and clean!
- Breathe: A playlist of Psalms
- Flourish: Fruit of the Spirit Playlist for the Flourish study.
- Coffee Date Email Playlist: Each month our team sends a coffee-date email of our favorite resources like music, books, podcasts, and more. We've compiled those songs here. You can get the coffee-date emails here.
What are some of your favorite worship songs?