Ruth is a story of grace, woven throughout the pages of Scripture, pointing us to Christ – even years before He would come to earth to redeem the lost and save the wayward. Ruth is a picture of love, redemption and grace that reminds us of God’s relentless pursuit and unyielding love.
We often think of Ruth and Boaz as a love story to be admired, but the book of Ruth is pointing us to an even greater love – the love of God for His children. When Ruth was left as a young widow in a foreign land with only her mother-in-law and sister-in-law to turn to, she had a choice: stay in the land as a widow with little hope of a future, or take a leap of faith and follow her mother-in-law back to Israel. She would have to choose between abandoning her home, her gods, and her past for a fresh start that involved risk and surrender. But the pay-off would be well beyond her wildest dreams.
We first released this study in 2014 and have since seen many women go through these pages of Scripture together. We have spent the past few months updating the study to bring color and photos into the pages that capture the beauty of this story. The four-week study will walk you through each chapter of Ruth and point your heart to the deeper story of grace that we find among the pages. Each day includes a devotion that accompanies the verses, space to reflect and questions to answer as you study Ruth.
- You can purchase the study here.
- Follow along with teaching videos for each day of the four weeks.
- Get our free leader guide if you want to lead a group through the study.
- Listen to this Playlist as you study. It’s not about Ruth specifically – but it covers a lot of themes of the study (grace, obedience, trust, the journey, and more) and we cannot get enough of it!
- We’ve created some free lock screens for you.