Hey friends! We cannot wait to start digging into Redefined tomorrow. If you haven’t had a chance to join the Facebook Community Group, you can do that here. For those who plan to follow along but don’t have the study, we’ve given you a loose outline here that covers some of the Scriptures and questions discussed in the book. We’ll also be posting on Instagram at @wellwateredwomen and @wellwateredco using the hashtag #wwwredefined if you want to follow along there.
Week One | Day One
Read: Genesis 1:1-31
Write: The order of Creation
- What did God call very good?
- What was man created to reflect?
- What roles do you have in your daily life?
- How can you honor God in those roles?
- How does God’s original design differ from how we live today? (Read Genesis 2)
Week One | Day Two
Read: Genesis 3:1-7
Write: Genesis 3:1
- What did the serpent ask Eve?
- How did Eve respond to the serpent?
- What differences do you see in Eve’s response compared to God’s words in Genesis 2:16-17?
- How did the serpent respond to Eve in Genesis 3:4-7?
- What happened when Eve and Adam ate of the fruit of the tree?
- What “fig leaves” are you using in your life to hide behind?
- What qualities of the enemy should we be on guard for? Read 2 Corinthians 11:3,14
- Spend time praying through the brokenness you’ve encountered in this life. Surrender those things to God.
Week One | Day Three
Read: Genesis 3:8-21
Write: What punishment man, woman and the serpent received
- What do we read in verse 15 and how does this point us to Jesus? (This is called the protoevangelium – the first glimpse of the gospel we see in Scripture).
- What descriptions are given on Jesus in Isaiah 53? Do you identity with any of those descriptions?
- What labels do you wear that Satan has placed on your identity?
- Write that lie or label down and cross it out. Write the truth of who you are in Christ in its place.
- Read these verses to see the truth of your identity: John 1:29, Psalm 34:5, Psalm 119:5-6, 1 Thessalonians 2:3-4, 2 Timothy 2:15
Week One | Day Four
Read: Ephesians 2:1-3, Isaiah 53, Luke 23:26-49
Write: Ephesians 2:1-3 as it describes our sinful condition apart from Christ
- How are we healed? (Isaiah 53:5)
- How did Jesus use His scars to impact the disciples? (Luke 24:36-41)
- What scar stories do you have that could bring glory to God and the power of His healing?
- What invitation did Jesus give the disciples in Luke 24:39?
- How did the disciples respond in verses 40-43?
- What changed in verses 44-49?
- Confess any unbelief in your heart that God is able to heal and use your scars for His glory.
Week One | Day Five
Read: John 10:1-18, Ephesians 1:3-10
Write: John 10:10
- What do you learn about the shepherd, the sheep and the stranger?
- What do you learn about Jesus in verses 7-18?
- Write John 10:14 and answer what it means to know the shepherd.
- Read Ephesians 1:3-10 and write down the spiritual blessings you’ve been given in Christ.
- Read 1 Peter 2:21-25 and praise the Lord for laying down His life to redeem yours from being lost.