The same sun that faithfully rises each day is called forth by the same God who is faithful in every season. God has caused his Son, Jesus, to shine on our darkened hearts with the light of the gospel, just as the sun illuminates the darkness of this world each morning. Seasons represent change, newness, and transitions. As Christians, we walk through various life seasons that mirror nature. Yet at the same time, we have God’s Word that never changes but always changes us.
A quiet time can feel monotonous some days. But as we come to God’s Word again and again, he faithfully chisels away at our souls and makes us more like Jesus. Just like Michelangelo chiseled away at a giant hunk of white marble for two years to create his masterpiece, the statue David, so does God chisel bit by bit at our hearts as we come to his Word throughout our lifetime. Change doesn't happen overnight. Soul transformation happens one chisel at a time as we look to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith.
Living by his faithfulness,
P.S. Learn more about God’s faithfulness by studying his Word and walking in relationship with him through our new Faithful Collection featuring the Give Me Jesus Journal. Find frequently asked questions about the new collection below!
HOW IS THE GIVE ME JESUS JOURNAL FORMATTED?
The journal contains three sections designed to help you study the Word and grow in your faith. It features 90 days of journaling, a Prayer and Praise section, and a Jot It Down section. It also includes two Heart Checks. You'll find one at the beginning of your journal to prepare for your time of study and one at the end to evaluate all God taught you.
WHAT IS THE DAILY LAYOUT LIKE?
The daily layout of the Give Me Jesus Journal provides you with structure and flexibility so you can open the Bible to any passage and study. As you study, the journal helps you incorporate spiritual disciplines into your routine. You’ll find the sections below on each daily layout page.
- Date, Time, Place: To help you remember what God was teaching you in specific seasons and places.
- Today’s Gratitude: To open your eyes to all that God is doing in your current circumstances and around the world. (Spiritual discipline: Gratitude)
- Be Still & Know: To help you memorize Scripture, focus on a specific text, or lay any burdens at Jesus’ feet as you enter your time of Bible study. (Spiritual discipline: Scripture meditation/memorization, prayer)
- Drink Deeply from the Well: To provide a space for you to take notes and study God’s Word and fill your empty cup with the truth of Scripture! (Spiritual discipline: Bible study)
- Selah: To remind you to pause, think about what you’ve learned, and meditate on truth. (Spiritual discipline: meditation)
- Ask & Apply: To challenge you to know God in all the Word and live out what you studied by noting what you learned about God and the gospel and how it changes the way you live.
- Pray the Word: To give you space to come before the Lord in prayer, praise, and petition. (Spiritual discipline: prayer, worship)
DO I USE THE SCRIPTURE ON EACH PAGE OF THE JOURNAL AS THE VERSES TO STUDY THAT DAY, OR DO I CHOOSE MY OWN?
The Scripture at the beginning of each day’s layout serves as an encouragement to you in your study and a reminder of truth. The verse of the day is not intended to be what you study. We encourage you instead to study a specific book or passage of Scripture for your daily study.
HOW LONG DOES THE JOURNAL LAST?
The journal is designed for 90 days of journaling and is undated so you can start it in any season.
HOW DO I STUDY A BOOK OF THE BIBLE USING THE JOURNAL?
In the front of the journal, you’ll find many helpful tools to get started studying a book of the Bible. The Daily Breakdown, especially the instruction on how to fill out the Drink Deeply from the Well section, teaches some Bible study basics to help you get started. Don’t miss the How to Study the Bible Cheat Sheet on the back of the Journal the Word tab for easy reference.
WHAT DOES THE REST OF THE FAITHFUL COLLECTION INCLUDE?
In addition to the Give Me Jesus Journal (in two cover options!), the Faithful Collection includes the Give Me Jesus Sticker Book, In the Word Accessory Pouch (in two colors), Bible Study Highlighter Set, In the Word Memory Journal, In the Word in Every Season Bookmark, Give Me Jesus Pen, and Five Solas Bag.
ARE THERE ANY DISCOUNTS OR PROMOTIONS AVAILABLE?
Yes! Use code FAITHFUL15 to save 15% on all resources in the Faithful Collection from September 14–16. Save 30% when you grab the entire Bible Study Tool Kit Bundle!